- MIDI Ressources
- MIDI accompaniment of Bach Flute Sonatas and other stuff
- More oboe MIDI music than you can shake a stick at!
- LOTS of MIDI stuff!
- Almost all the PDF printed music you ever wanted for free!
- Advanced fingerings
- Sound samples of well known oboists: you can add new clips.
- Oboe BBoard: Excellent discussions!
- My former website...
- European-Style Reed Making
- My own adaptive technique
- Reed Making, German Style: short and sweet!
- French Reeds
- German Reeds:
Other Excellent Blogs
- Names of oboists by orchestra in Europe an Asia
- LOTS of reed-making info! (Philly - "American" - scrape only.)
- Excellent tips on behaviourism: I wish this were available for simple living in society!
- Multi-Instrumentallist : lots of interesting discussions thereon
- Fingering Chart builder: useful tool for making images for all woodwinds
These posts on the Oboe BBoard are worth looking into.
Its worth browsing through the discussions as they treat other things than what is mentioned here. There is a "flat view" link on the page which shows the entire discussion in a single page. This can be useful for searching or comparing.
- Oboe Manufacturers... almost all, known and more obscure!
- Improving your dynamic range.
- Building your endurance
- Crack Prevention
- Recording yourself: equipment, software, room considerations.
- Reed Making... Easing hard French Reeds.... and much more polemic!
- Effects of Staple opening and Shapers
- How to set-up a gouging machine
- Shaper tips of varying descriptions
- Reed Playing Sharp and many other considerations
- Wire, shapes and other considerations for overly open reeds